Indie School Albury
Free Rapid Antigen Home Testing Kits
Friday November 5, 2021
Our school will be supporting NSW Health’s efforts to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission within our community by distributing FREE rapid antigen home testing kits to all students. This is an optional screening measure and you are not required to participate if you choose not to.
The rapid antigen home tests are a quick and easy screening tool to help detect COVID-19 in people who do not have symptoms. It involves a nose swab being placed in a chemical solution. Results can be ready within 10 minutes.
If your child is experiencing even the mildest of COVID-19 symptoms, please do not use the rapid antigen home tests. You should follow NSW Health advice to go and have them tested for COVID-19 in one of the local testing clinics and isolate until you receive their result.
How do I pick up the rapid antigen home test kits?
Students can collect their test kits from their classroom teacher on Monday 8th of November.
- RAHT kits are optional.
- We will not be using the rapid antigen home testing kits on students while they are in school.
- 2 weeks’ worth of RAHT kits will be provided for each student. This will come in a pack of 4 kits to be used twice a week. If you opt in to use them, instructions on how to use the tests, check results and safely dispose of the kits are provided within the packs. You can also download the fact sheet (PDF 6.4 MB) which contains the instructions.
- Our school only has enough packs to be used by immediate staff and students. You can buy more rapid antigen home test kits from 1 November at pharmacies and supermarkets if you need more for yourself or other members of your family.
- You do not need to report your RAHT results to the school.
- If your child’s result returns as ‘negative’, then they can go about their day as normal which includes attending school.
- If your child returns a ‘positive’ or ‘invalid’ test result, please follow current protocols, isolate and get a COVID-19 test (PCR test as the mouth and nose swab) in one of the local clinics.
If you have any questions about RAHT, please contact CareStart Customer Support on 1800 195 055.
Head of School (Albury)
Mobile: 0484 895 541
Indie School Albury students have access to rapid antigen home testing kits from Monday November 8, 2021.